Instead of directly downloading the software on your iPhone, update via iTunes on a computer. To fix this iOS 16.1 error, first sign out of iCloud and then sign back.
After the reinstallation has completed, iMazing displays a screen asking you to unlock your device. Enter the passcode for your iPhone or iPad. The final steps of the installation continue, and iMazing may also asks for you to Trust this Computer on Device. Tap Trust in the dialog that displays on your iOS device, so iMazing can continue working with it. After you’ve selected the .ipsw file, click Select, then click Reinstall iOS to continue.
- Also, if you have other solutions to the problem of firmware files is not compatible, be free to leave your comments below to share your ideas with us.
- DFU mode is a comparatively complex method to restore.
- If you are still unable to install iOS 16 on your device, then the next method involves using iTunes.
- And you can try it when all the major update/restore/restart tricks fail to solve the iPhone firmware corrupt error.
IOS updates not https://educannda.cl/2023/05/13/everything-you-need-to-know-about-sm-s902l/ only bring an array of new features and fix any bugs in the previous version but also get more security for the device. The best iOS repair software is automated for fast and easy iOS repair. It supports the latest iOS and all the iPhone and iPad models. You can use the trusted iOS repair software—Stellar Toolkit for iPhone. It is secure and comprehensive solution to all iPhone software problems. In case the iPhone software problem is not fixed, or you are too bugged by the latest iOS upgrade glitches, downgrade to the previous iOS.
After you’ve reinstalled the latest version of iTunes/Finder, try to update to iOS 16 and restore your iPhone again. Uninstalling the antivirus software on your computer or iPhone can resolve this issue because such security software sometimes blocks installation of firmware. The problem “The iPhone could not be updated/restored because the firmware file was corrupt or is not compatible” mostly goes away after you uninstall antivirus software. If firmware corrupt or compatibility error is still testing your patience and not going away, try reinstalling the iTunes/Finder. Sometimes iTunes/Finder configuration doesn’t match firmware files and iTunes/Finder upgradation can not solve the solution. After reinstalling the the latest iTunes/Finder, try to update or restore your iPhone again. If all else fails, the last way to fix “iPhone firmware file corrupt” would be to restore your iPhone through DFU mode on iTunes.
- These updates may provide new functionality or fix bugs, improving the stability of your device.
- Thus, we suggest using its Full Edition so as to recover more data.
- The iPhone update success depends upon the speed of your Internet.
- For that, you have to uninstall the existing software first.
However, beware as the process wipes iPhone/ iPad data completely. Besides these main reasons for experiencing an iTunes error when performing a restore on your iDevice, a couple other hardware incompatibilities might be a cause.